Fidelity Global Emerging Markets Fund
|Navigating the Polycrisis, Part II|
|Markets Could Be Poised to Bounce - What Next?|
|Capturing Long-Term Growth in Underlying Structural Trends|
|In a Volatile Market, Diversification Is Key|
About this Fund
|FUND MANAGER||FIL Investment Management (Australia)|
|ASSET CLASS||GLOBAL EQUITIES|
|INVESTMENT STYLE||The Fund invests in a portfolio of emerging markets securities.|
|INVESTMENT PROFILE||The Fund seeks to achieve returns in excess of the Benchmark over the suggested minimum investment time period of seven years plus.|
|BENCHMARK||MSCI Emerging Markets Index NR|
|FUND SIZE||MSCI Emerging Markets Index NR|
|NO. OF HOLDINGS||30-50|
|FEES||0.99% p.a. of the NAV of the Fund (including GST net of RITC)|
Benefits of investing in the Fidelity Global Emerging Markets Fund
Some of the benefits that may arise from an investment in the Fund include:
Investors seeking an unconstrained global emerging markets fund who have a tolerance for a very high level of risk and volatility.
About the Fund
The Fidelity Global Emerging Markets Fund gives investors access to a diversified portfolio of 30 to 50 quality companies in emerging markets. The Fund is actively managed, which means investors access a portfolio of carefully selected globally listed securities exposed to emerging markets, which may or may not be in the Fund's benchmark.
The Fidelity Global Emerging Markets Fund has features which include:
How we invest your money
The Fund invests in a selection of securities exposed to emerging markets.
Fidelity believes that markets are semi-efficient and share prices don't always reflect inherent value. Through in-house, bottom-up company research, Fidelity aims to uncover the opportunities that it believes offer the greatest scope for outperformance.
Based on this research approach, Fidelity seeks out attractively valued companies that we believe are positioned to generate returns through market cycles and have demonstrated a track record of strong corporate governance.
The Fund's exposure to international securities (excluding Australian securities) will not be hedged back to Australian dollars. This means that the value of an investment in the Fund will change not only on the basis of a change in asset values, but also because of movements in exchange rates.
Asset classes and ranges
Generally, a minimum of 70% of the portfolio will be invested in securities that are either incorporated in or listed in an emerging market. The remaining maximum limit of 30% will constitute up to 20% in frontier market securities and up to an additional 10% in companies that FREAL deems to have exposure to emerging markets where the company generates at least 50% of revenues, profits or has substantial assets in emerging markets.